3 paragraph reflection 5/14/23

    I am now 1 week into senior project and it has been a very fun time. Never would I think that I would get the chance to fly a plane and has been a great experience. I have overcome many fears through flying planes, it is truly kind of a scary yet exciting experience. It has also been very cool to share this experience with two of my friends. We have been living together and also flying together which has been really cool. It helps because we can all talk about it together and learn from each other's experiences. 

    The first week was very exciting and a great time. I learned a lot of the basics of both being in the air and also classes on the ground for my two hours at the airport. I've learned simple maneuvers such as climbing, descending, turning left and right. Also, sharp turns going up to 45 degrees which is very intense that I could feel the G's on my body. I also learned what the symbols on an aviation map mean. The differences between airports and the heights of aircraft should be off the ground in different areas. Another very important thing I learned was stalling. This is a very crucial thing to know considering it is between life and death. 

    I am eager to get back up in the sky for the last week of senior project. Hopefully, I will be able to take off and also land the plane this week. These are the major goals that I would like to reach. Along with that get better at talking with traffic control over the intercom. I find it kind of difficult talking over the intercom because I need to say the correct words and phrases. This week should be a great one the boys and myself are really looking forward to a solid last week of senior project and would really like to hit our goals. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #2 reflection 5/20/23

5/13/23 first week blog

Day #2 5/9/23